Tuesday 24 May 2011

Vincentennial: Day Three | Thunderstorms can't stop me visiting St Louis' Walk of Fame


Following a leisurely breakfast and a goodbye chat with Roger Corman before he left for the airport, I braved a sudden thunderstorm on day five (my day three) of the Vincentennial to visit the St Louis Walk of Fame on Delmar, where Vincent's plaque can be found (at 6509) along with a number of other famous St Louisan, including Phyllis Diller, Betty Grable, Josephine Baker and Buddy Ebsen. Vincent was inducted here on June 25, 1989, the year the Walk was established, but was too ill at the time to attend. Instead a niece, who has since passed away, came in his place.

Across the road, at Star Clipper comics, I discovered a fascinating display of graphic art featuring the great name himself, including work that has appeared on the covers of the Vincent Price Presents range of comics. All for sale, I was very tempted into buying the lot. But, at least, I have this gallery of images as a fond memory of the excellent exhibition.













No comments: