Saturday 28 May 2011

Vincentennial: Day Seven | Victoria Price's Reflection from a Daughter


I'm skipping to Day Six of my stay in St Louis for the Vincentennial because last night was truly a wonderful, emotional and important time for me.

On the 100th anniversary of her father's birthday, Victoria Price reflected on her dad's life to a packed audience at the Missouri History Museum in St Louis.

Sharing very personal family photos and video testimonies from her step-brother Vincent Barrett, Victoria gave us a moving, inspirational portrait of Vincent - not only as an actor and cultural icon, but as a caring, loving dad.

I would like to share with you just a few snippets from this engaging presentation in which Victoria introduces her talk, with help from her step-brother; tells us why she doesn't like horror movies; and shares her thoughts on how Tim Burton gave Vincent a new generation of fans.

Thank you Victoria.

3 comments:

Kelsey P. said...

This is extraordinary! Thank you so much for sharing this video. I couldn't attend Victoria's presentation and was extremely saddened to miss it, so hearing some of her reflections means a great deal to me.

I would absolutely love to see more clips from this (or the whole presentation), if you have them!

Peter Fuller said...

I only shot a couple of snippets as I wanted to concentrate on Victoria's wonderful presentation, but Tom Stockman has told me that the whole presentation was recorded for prosperity. Hopefully a DVD will be released sometime soon. Will let you know if I hear about its release.

Kelsey P said...

Oh, wonderful! I'll keep my fingers crossed. Thanks so much again for sharing all your wonderful videos and reflections on the event!